A short list of random pet peeves from the last few days:
1. On the news this evening.
TV reporter voiceover, "Bob Smith tells us about the amazing rescue."
Bob Smith, "It was an amazing rescue!"
2. Hardcover books that have pages with widths that are not evenly cut. Recent examples include Quicksilver and Balance of Power.
3. Stupid not-showing-up-when-they-say-they-will realtors.
5. Food commericals for stuff that looks really good but has roughly 1,645,963 points* per half cup serving.
*I would link to the Weight Watchers site describing points but since they don't support Mozilla as a browser...
6. Web sites that are standards compliant enough for Mozilla to work.