Massive spoilers below the fold.
So after checking the mailbox approximately every 17 seconds for what seemd like about 82 years, the fine people at the USPS delivered my copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at exactly 1:17 pm. [yeah, I followed the mail-lady as she delivered the mail to the box, so what?]
I finished about twenty minutes ago after warning my Mom via phone that it wasn't exactly a happy book.
- It was obvious who would die. The only question is how obvious it was who killed him/her.
- The love stories? Well done. Again, no real surprises, but not bad.
- Harry the character? MUCH less whiny. Best one yet.
- The Half-Blood Prince? Some well done mis-direction, but it was who I initially tagged as the likely possibility.
- The "death scene". Hmmm. Lots of area for speculation.
- And the whole Gryffindor-student-having-a-baby thing? H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P, I did not see that one coming at all. And it is not who you would expect.
So no real spoilers but enough for a certain someone to scold me for spilling.