You never know how much you appreciate friends and good service until you get the really crappy stuff.
My sister is selling her house and chose the Worst Realtor in Portland. [I took out the link to her site but will share via email. After all, the house still is in limbo]
Some highlights, in vaguely the order they happened.
- She gave a bad comparison price for the market.
- The "professional" photographer who was supposed to come and take the 360° photos never showed when they were supposed to.
- She put the boyfriend's house on the market a week early.
- The original RMLS listing? "Charming house. BEWARE OF DOGS!"
- No flyers for the first 10 days the house was on the market. She needed the photos from the "professional" who took a week to re-schedule, then shot pictures a four year could have shot better.
- Wanted to drop the price after 3 days. Before the flyers or photos were taken.
- Multiple unreturned phone calls.
- When we ran out of flyers and her assistant didn't show up with replacements until 24 hours after she promised they would arrive, her huffy response to me was "We don't guarantee flyers. They are not that important."
- When I called her 4th of July weekend about two agents who just showed up because they couldn't get a hold of her? She accused me of lying when I said I couldn't get through to her either. Point blank. [Still have the call log from the calls...]
- After there was an offer with a firm deadline this weekend, she couldn't be reached by my sister to make a counter offer. She wasn't returning messages. Never did until after the deadline passed.
- And the last, today when I asked my sister what the game plan was? The agent suggested she just ignore the offer since they probably wouldn't like a counter-offer.
Makes me glad Mom and Dad went with the Best Real Estate Agents in Portland instead. One day on the market, at full price, with no hassle, and a great attitude.
So, in short? Thanks Jenny. I knew I could trust you.