With the encouragement of many a friend, and with the help of a secret romance adviser, I have updated my online dating profile and have responded to a few other profiles.
For your viewing pleasure, and as a believer in the best people you meet are the ones your friends, co-workers, and random internet strangers know, my profile in it's majority is below the fold.
Who am I?
Trying to answer the question that has confounded philosophers for millennia in such few words is a challenge. However, since eleven is my favorite number, here are eleven things about me.
- I am the guy your friends hope you meet.
- I believe great art can be made from construction paper, Elmer's Glue and Mr. Sketch scented markers.
- I can make you laugh every time we talk.
- I am not afraid of what will be said when you and your friends get together for girl talk.
- I can reach both the top shelf AND open the pickle jar.
- Not only can I cook you dinner, I can make it taste good as long as a perfectly grilled cheese sandwich and homemade chocolate chip cookies equal a meal.
- With equal confidence I can discuss world events with your parents, the latest video game with your little brother, and the proper way to mix a martini with your best friend.
- I am fluent in the language of wooing.
- I believe that everyone is beautiful; you just need to know where to look.
- I can balance both my checkbook and on my toes.
- And finally, I firmly believe that life is too short to eat bad cheese.
Who am I looking to meet? That's simple enough.
I am looking for someone with a sense of humor, confidence, and an unquenchable competitive streak because for all my virtues, I will give no quarter when it comes to Scrabble. Everything else is negotiable.